Monday, January 7, 2013

A Visit to Centro de Cultura

Here in a Cauayan there is an amazing school. Several of our friends teach there and several families we know send their children there. It is a private school that is like no other school I've ever visited. It's s huge concrete structure--4 floors with the front wall of each classroom missing. The top floor has a beautiful auditorium and an open basketball and gym area. There are just screens but no walls in that area.

Recently I visited and watched their Chrismas Program which was truly one of the best children's productions I have ever seen with amazing costumes, dancing, singing, dialogue, lights and sound.
Our little friend Jochebed was the star of this number! Wow, can she dance and she remembered to smile at the audience!

In the middle of the school is a big atrium where you can stand and look up into the classrooms. It's a flurry of activity and sounds in the atrium, but each classroom is quiet, the concrete walls keep the sound from flowing into the next room.

It looks more like a corporation than a school. It's so fun to stand in the ground floor atrium and look up and see all the children bursting with energy. This school serves children ages 2 through 18. It is very disciplined and children are expected to work very hard.
Throughout the school you can see posters like this one that show what is expected of a CDC student. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment