Saturday, February 9, 2013

Welcome to a Very Special Corner of His Vineyard!

When we were first assigned to the Philipines Cauayan Mission I worried that it might be too rural for me. I'm a city girl--and when we first got here there was only one US-style grocery store (2.5 hours from where we lived) and NO malls! After 6 months we got a tiny little mall in Ilagan (1/2 hour from here) and several modern grocery stores. After being here for over 2.5  years I've come to love this place and think that the lack of civilization as I had known it is really a blessing for our missionaries. They aren't distracted by the beach, the malls, the movie theaters, etc. The people here are very humble and teachable, they are kind and courteous to our missionaries. I know I am going to miss this special place when our time here is up.

I always love to greet new missionaries to our mission and watch them discover for themselves what a wonderful place the Philippines Cauayan Mission is to serve.

 Back: Elder Sogari, Roy, Cousin, Maloney, Teitiwebwebwe. Front: Sison, Sister Fugaban, Obnias, Suaybaguio, Maestrado, Barril, Rantayo, Castillo,Talines and Orillo
 After breakfast, photo sessions, interviews with President and a quick orientation they missionaries had time for a nap and showers
 These three weary travelers were actually holding up pretty good after leaving the US on Monday and finally arriving here on Thursday morning!
 Time to pick out a few ties and shirts from our very own Ukay, Ukay.
 These sisters have formed a very close friendship at the MTC
 Our first missionary from Kiribati!
 There was time to organize suitcases.
 Time to make a quick call home so mom knows you arrived safely!

Time to get to the transfer meeting and meet your new companion. We think this batch is going to do great things for this mission. We can't wait to get to know and love each and every one of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment