It's always such a treat for me to break away and spend an afternoon working with some of our sister missionaries. My goal is to do that at least once a week and when it happens I come back just filled with love for our great sister missionaries and filled with so much love for those they teach. Unfortunately I don't always remember to take some pictures.
Cabatuan Sisters
Sister Cajigal and Sister Klein serve in Cabatuan. I was so impressed with Sister Klein's ability to communicate with those they were teaching. She was quite new on the day I tagged along and there she was teaching in tagalog! These two are very good teachers.
As we walked down a little lane to visit an investigator, I saw this huge carabao wallowing in the brook. It was so hot out that I almost jumped in with him.
Alicia 3 Sisters
Sister Panganiban and Sister Vea were teaching a family that happen to live near our beloved brother. This amazing man has been a member of the church for 10 years. His legs and on arm are badly crippled from polio that he contracted as a baby. He puts strips of rubber tires on his knees and he can walk on his knees. When we visited him that day we found him out wedding his okra garden--on his knees. When he first joined the church he had to walk on his knees to church. I was at least a 45 minute walk over all kinds of rough terrain. He never missed a Sunday. Later the elder's quorum banded together and built him the bike you see in the background. A bike gear is positioned high enough so that he can spin it with his good hand. Now he is able to drive to church. Despite his condition he is such a happy and positive man. He lives in a modest home with his 90+ mother, whom he cares for every day. What an inspiration this man is to all of us!
Sister Panganiban and Sister Vea are teaching this beautiful mother and her son. They plan to be baptized this month. Sister Vea is brand new coming from American Samoa. This was only her second visit to this family and I could just feel the love she had for them. She gets it! The best missionaries forget about themselves and love the people. What a dynamic team.
No comments:
Post a Comment