Friday, September 28, 2012

Imelda's Birthday

This year I asked Imelda, our housekeeper, if she'd rather have a day at the spa with one of her friends or if she'd rather have the cash to spend while she's in Manila in October. She is going to go with her branch on a temple trip. First, she didn't know what a day at the spa entailed. I told her about the massages, facials and pedicures and she just giggled. It didn't take her but a minute to decide--she wanted the cash! So on her birthday I made a cake and we surprised her with a group of senior missionaries and the assistants. We sang Happy Birthday and then ate cake and icecream with her. Later she took the rest of the cake home to share with her family. I gave her a bag with a coin purse with her birthday money. I think she liked it!

Happy Birthday Imelda! Thank you for your hard work in keeping the Mission Home clean and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment