Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I ALWAYS Love Thursdays!

Every Thursday our housekeeper Imelda changes our sheets and I always look forward to jumping into bed on Thursday night enjoying the sweet smell and feel of clean sheets.

It is on Thursdays that I can sometimes break away and work with sister missionaries--which is one of my favorite activities.

And it is always on a Thursday that we get to greet our new missionaries. Last Thursday we greeted 14 brand new, wide-eyed missionaries. This is one of our biggest batches and we were very excited to get to know them. Seven came from the Provo MTC and seven came from the Manila MTC.


Top Row: Elder Bundy, Sister Peckham, Sister Wilkins, Sister Tulikihihifo, Sister Len Wai, Elder Pareja, Elder Marshall, Elder Datario. Center Row: Elder Opalda, Sister Manguil, Elder Defacto, Elder Carascal. Front Row: Elder Woodruff and Elder Benosa.

Our Transfer Meeting--With so many new missionaries we had a very large transfer meeting (only those missionaries involved in the transfer come to the meeting). We had the most beautiful rendition of "Nearer My God to Thee" sung by one of our batches from the Provo MTC that just celebrated their 1 year mark in the mission.


Elder Ilagan and Elder Reher did a piano duet for I Need Thee Every Hour and it was absolutely gorgeous.

We are excited about our new missionaries. We could feel their eager spirits raring to go Preach the Gospel. We look forward to working with each one of them.

1 comment: