Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Mission Pet




Sister Harris (who's husband served as Mission President here over 3 years ago ) must have been fond of pets. We still have her cat, named Little Bit, who lives here in the mission compound. She stays outside but walks around our lawn and parking lot like she owns the joint. One day she was meowing at me, louder than usual. I followed her to her bowl of cat food only to see that it was full of ants. She gave me this look like--"I am not going to eat that!" So I cleaned the bowl and put in fresh food.
The other day I was following the Breeses out of our home and Elder Breese spotted a large turtle right next to the door step. We introduced him to the elders and sisters who immediately fell in love with her. (I'm sure it's a girl turtle.) I decided to name her Harriett. Not sure why, but thought the name felt just right. When our night guard came he tipped a red bucket on top of it's body and we could watch the bucket move all over the yard. Whoever said turtles are slow, doesn't know Harriett. She can move really fast. (There is rumors that this turtle was a pet of Sister Harris and has been seen once in a great while walking around.) For the next few days we spotted her in the bushes. I haven't seen her for a few days. I wonder where she's hiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment