Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Night

We thought it was only fitting that we dress up like Halloween, even if the rest of the Philippines doesn't celebrate it. We got dressed, ate a lovely dinner, played games and waited for any Trick or Treaters. (Elder Breese had a knife going through his head, in case you can't detect his costume.) President had Devil horns that lit up when you pushed the button, but he was gone when we took our picture.




The night before I had the YW from one of the Cauayan Branches over to learn to bake homemade bread and cookies. They made enough to use as the Sacrament Bread on Sunday. While they were there I told them all about Trick or Treating.
Much to our surprise there was a knock at the Mission Home door and those girls came to trick or treat. Some of them even had costumes! It was so much fun! Both Sister Breese and I each had a bag of candy to share with them. I asked them if they were going to go on to other houses and they laughed and said, "No one else will know what we're doing!"

1 comment:

  1. What cute YW! I love how they came trick or treating!
    After talking to my Mom a bit yesterday we came to a conclusion that one of the students at her school that she worked with will be or is one of your missionaries. Elder Elgan.
    I hope you're drying out!
    Margett-

    ReplyDelete