Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Rice and Missionary Work

This rice was probably planted a few days ago

This rice was planted several weeks ago. See what a vibrant color it is next to the beautiful bright blue mountains in the background.
What does rice have to do with missionary work? Let me tell you...
This is planting rice time in most of the mission. I know I showed some photos before, but the other day I got a close-up shot of newly planted rice. See how the field is flooded and the rice is planted in clumps. Within a few weeks it fills out and you can't see each invididual plant. I love the newly planted rice because it is the most beautiful lime green color. As it grows the color deepens to a darker green and then closer to the harvest it turns gold and almost white. As missionaries we love a scripture that says, "For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thursteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul." We believe that there are many being prepared to hear this great gospel and searching for meaning in their lives. They are ready to harvest. It's our job to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment