Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Botiki Friend

One of the first things I noticed when I got to the Philippines were all the tiny little lizard, gecko type things that are all over the place. They kind of creeped me out until Sister Starley (the senior sister working in the mission office) told me that they are our friends because they eat bugs. So I decided I'd rather put up with them than bugs.

Not only are they all over the ceiling of our carport, they are also inside the mission home and office. One time one jump off my computer monitor and went down inside the keyboard. The biggest ones are about 5 inches long and the smallest ones are about an inch. I bought a laser pen and love to tease them at night. They will chase the laser light, thinking it's a bug and I've gotten them to run around and around in circles. Once in a while I still jump when I see one in an unexpected place but mostly I have come to like them.

This little critter was just inside the sliding glass door leading into the Mission Home's living room. I tried to get a close up of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment