Thursday, September 15, 2011

Random Shots Around the Mission

Several of the towns in the north end of our mission have these horse-drawn carriages. Notice the size of the horses they are a miniature breed.

These bananas were sitting on the missionaries front porch. A member cut down the branch from one of his banana trees. Each row is ripening at a different pace so the elders can have ripe bananas for quite a few mornings!

This rice is white and ready to harvest!

I loved this picture because it shows ripe rice next to a paddy of growing rice. You can see the change of color as the rice grows. Newly planted is lime green, the maturing rice gets darker green before turning golden before it's ready to harvest.
I always try to remember to bring my camera wherever I go. On every trip I spy something that makes me do a double take. Here are a few intersting things I've recently seen...

No comments:

Post a Comment