Located two and a half hours drive north is Tuguegarao, the largest city in our mission. It is home to more trycies per capita than any other city in the Philippines. They are everywhere. You will also see tons of calissa (horse-drawn carriages), jeepneys, vans and buses. It's very difficult to drive around this town because the streets are at a diagonal and many are one way. It is also the hottest place in the country. There are mountains around it and I guess the hot air gets stuck in the city.
It is home to one of 3 McDonalds in our mission. (I never liked McDos at home but I always enjoy it here!) There are also lots of shops to visit but no real malls. Not sure why they don't have a good mall there except that it's a long way from Manila and it seems like civilization as evidenced by malls, movie theaters, etc. is slowly creeping out from Manila to the provinces. I'm sure that it won't be long before it gets those amenities. We have a stake center in Tuguegarao and another chapel across town. I believe there are 5 wards in the town.
 |
| Such a Modern city! Look at all the modern electric wires!!! |
 |
There are so many trycies that the government has issued color restrictions. On this day it looks like yellow and red trycie day.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment