Do workers in stores stop what they are doing and perform a folk dance in the aisles. This store is called Kultura (in Manila) and they sell all kinds of beautiful items made right here in the Philippines.
Do traffic cops dance all day to rock music as they direct traffic. This is in downtown Ilagan. One day while we were watching them waiting to get the go ahead President said, "Those guys really get on my nerves!" Can you imagine doing it all day in this heat!
Do they have Spam Restaurants. This restaurant was in Manila and everything on the menu had spam in it. I must admit that I've actually eaten some Spam since I got here. For the first few months we couldn't find decent bacon or ham. Now we can find bacon. Good ham is only available at Christmas. It's a good thing I bought 12 and froze them!
| We were in a meeting in Roxas and heard a marching band outside the building. |
No comments:
Post a Comment