Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Mango Season

Right now its mango season. The mangos are ripe, juicy and cheap. So I bought a bunch and asked Imelda to help me make some mango jam. There is no such thing as pectin (SureGel) type products here. I knew that mangos were low in pectin and with a little research I found is that limes are high in pectin. So Imelda and I made a huge batch of mango-lime jam. We also made several loaves of homemade bread. It was really yummy and we had fun experimenting. I can't wait to make more!




Imelda is a professional mango slicer!

Later that day Sister Abad and Sister Sajol stopped by. We were able to share a loaf of bread and some jam with them. Before they left Sister Abad tried our famous cookie jar trick. And guess what? She was able to win two cookies! That's quite a feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment