We have been so very blessed to have three fabulous senior couples assigned to assist us here in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. We could use another dozen! Seniors are so very valuable in missions. These three couples are running everyday to help teach and train our missionaries, work with less active members, strengthen members by providing training and leadership. The list of their accomplishments goes on and on.
This morning I ran across a scripture that really speaks of these senior couples.
It's found in Mark 10: 29-30
And Jesus answered and said, "Verily I say unto you, There is no man hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time and in the world to come eternal life.
Our senior couples have left their homes and families for the sake of the gospel and I KNOW they will receive blessings now and more importantly in the world to come. We pray for more senior couples and we encourage anyone who knows a senior couple who loves this gospel to encourage them to submit their papers and serve. We heard at the MTC that the pool of senior couples wanting to serve missions is way down. I promise you that it will be the best few years of your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment