Friday, February 11, 2011

Baking Class 101

We have met a wonderful young man whose family owns several large businesses in the Cauayan area. He spent a year as an exchange student in Arkansas and so his English is perfect. Anyway, his dream is to go to cooking school and when he heard that I had written a baking textbook, used in culinary schools he asked me if I could teach him how to bake.
About the same time I met a returned missionary who lives in Alicia (about 30 minutes from here). He would love to start a cookie baking business and so he asked me if I could teach him how to bake.
So I invited both young men to come over for our first class--Cookies 101.
Renauldo, the recently returned missionary and Oyeen, the business owner.
We made chocolate chip cookies, lemon bars and cut-out sugar cookies. It was really a lot of fun. We hope to do it again soon and focus on cakes and muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment