Friday, March 22, 2013

Family Home Evening with a Great Family

A few months ago we enjoyed a great Family Home Evening with a wonderful family who came to the mission home. At that time they were investigating the church. Later we were able to attend their baptism. Recently they invited us to come to their home for family home evening. We had such a lovely time with them. Their son conducted the meeting. Their teenage daughter taught a fantastic lesson on giving service. Their youngest son led the singing and I don't think I've ever heard anyone sing "Count Your Many Blessings" with such enthusiasm! I brought a favorite game (Mouse Trap). The mother cooked a beautiful spread of food (something we surely didn't expect) and the father gave one of the most touching and edifying closing prayers I have ever heard. We love this family and know that they are truly blessed by their membership in the church and that their branch is truly blessed to have them as members.

 The 12 year old was conducting the meeting!
 The family listens as their brother starts out the lesson.
The sister gives the lesson and does a superb job!
 She asks her father to read a scripture passage.

 Mousetrap! It's a wild and crazy game.



 Boy can this kid sing!
 Nanay's amazing spread of food!


What a great night we had in their home!

No comments:

Post a Comment