Most stores have box boys. They grab a flattened box and then fill it with your groceries. They tie it up tighter than a drum with this plastic twine. At the end they always snap it and if it makes a really loud snapping sound, then they beam with pride! This boxer is one of my favorites. His English is very limited but he always is so happy to carry my boxes to the car for me. I always say to him "how are you?" And I taught him to answer "AWESOME!"
We often see birds hanging upside down from a bamboo pole on the side of the road. This day I asked President to stop so that I could take a closer look at the birds. Much to my surprise these ducks were still alive and when I walked up to them they started squaking! I guess customers want to know that their dinner if fresh!
People are so creative here and can make something lovely out of nothing. In this town all of the yards had beautiful bamboo fences, using this same design. You could see them stretching as far as the eye could see on both sides of the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment