Cordon is a lovely little town at the base of the first mountain pass leading into Nueva Vizcaya. It has the nicest, cleanest gas station in our mission and so we always stop there for a break (bathroom/CR) whenever we are passing through. It is also where Elder Sister and Elder Macaisa are serving. Recently we attended one of their baptisms. I was able to meet a very special girl there. Her name is Jolly. She was playing the piano with such enthusiasm. She had one month of lessons last summer and that's it. But boy does she have music in her soul. I'm anxious for the Shaners to come and spread some more music training throughout our mission for people like her. During the baptism she was one of the speakers. (Her friend was getting baptized.)Wow! She was a fantastic speaker as well. I think she's a super kid and at the age of 9 I can only imagine what kind of young woman she will become!
We are also really excited to arrive and share our talents with young people like Jolly. We are on the last countdown...6 weeks to go..
ReplyDelete