The day started off by me speaking for Alicia District's Relief Society Birthday Celebration. After I spoke each branch performed a folk dance, complete with costumes, etc. Then I had to leave to attend some baptisms in Santiago but Sister Breese stayed and watching cooking demonstrations, and listened to each branches women's choir. It was quite a celebration.
 |
| These sisters all had darling matching dresses and hats. |
 |
| It was obvious that they had practiced many hours. All in all there were 7 groups that performed. |
After my visit to Alicia we ran to Santiago to witness 15 people being baptized. It was a happy event and I'm so glad we were able to attend. While in Santiago I was able to spend a few minutes visiting the Santiago Stake Relief Society Birthday Party. Each ward had a display table full of amazing crafts that were made from recycled items. I was absolutely blown away by the quality of these items.
 |
| This was a great group of missionaries and new converts! What an exciting day. |
This table had numerous purses and baskets made out of candy wrappers.
We ended the day by going to some baptisms in Catabban (Burgos District). All in all we had 41 baptisms that day. We wish we could have attended each one of them!
 |
| Elder Poloai and Elder Rausa with their three baptismal candidates. |
No comments:
Post a Comment