President and I visited a wonderful family who live out in the country. This is their home, they have 5 sons and a mother and a father. They don't have running water but a little stream runs behind their home and they go there and haul the water up to the house. The day we visited the father and two older sons were gone. The youngest son, who is five, was afraid of me and wouldn't come out of the house. I kept seeing him peek out the window (which was just a hole with a curtain hanging over it, they have no actual glass in their windows.) I had some candy in my purse so I finally enticed him out of the house with the candy and he was willing to be in the picture.
This little hut is their dining room and that is where we sat and visited. This is typical to see. It's like an outdoor room with seats all around. Some of them have a built-in table. Since they live in the mountain region there is a nice breese and it was very pleasant, although there were bugs everywhere. Lots of mosquitos near the little stream. They hadn't been to church for some time and so we talked about the reasons and invited them to come back. The next day they came back.
No comments:
Post a Comment