Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cauayan District Conference




This weekend was Cauayan District Conference. It started with a Priesthood leader's session on Sat. Morning. Then at 1:00 we had the Auxillary Training, where I taught the leaders of the Young Women's, Primary and Relief Society organizations. I focused on Christ's methods of teaching and how we can emulate him in our teaching. At the same time the men were having leadership training with my husband. At 4:00 was the adult Saturday night session. Rudy spoke about the importance of paying tithing. On Sunday morning we started out with a chapel full of teenagers, for a special sesssion just for them. I spoke about Jonathan and David's unique friendship from the Old Testament and what we can learn about being friends from their story. President Carlos spoke about the fact that Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us. At 9:30 the general session began. The chapel and cultural hall was packed. This session I spoke about raising righteous children who will make good missionaries. Rudy referred to a favorite hymn, "Come Follow Me, the Savior Said." He encouraged each of us to follow the Savior.

I love these conferences because I am able to see a number of our missionaries. We had 16 missionaries in attendance and so we invited them over to the Mission Home for lunch before they headed back to their areas. We had a surprise from a member who went to Manila and brought us back US imported deli ham and cheese. So we made deli sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips, chips and salsa and macaroni and cheese. I also made homemade oatmeal cookies. As you can imagine the missionaries loved the food.


We have a game that we play with our cookie jar (a gift from our dear friends, the Johnsons). Every missionary can have one cookie, but if you can lift the lid and replace it without making a sound, you can have an extra cookie. Here Elder Phipps is working hard at it and guess what? He was able to do it and earn that second cookie. Only two missionaries were able to do it--Elder Goobie and Elder Phipps!

No comments:

Post a Comment