Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's raining in Cauayan!

We have been very concerned the past few weeks about the drought in the Cauayan area. We've heard that the farmers are worried about a food shortage, the famous Banaue Rice Terraces are being jeopardized, the brownouts (blackouts to us) are happening throughout the region and the weather is hotter than usual. I know that the members and missionaries have been praying for rain and we joined with them and offered many prayers in their behalf.

I just got news that yesterday during zone conferences the heavens opened and it rained and rained and there is more rain in the forecast. This is blessed news!

Sister Carlos

1 comment:

  1. Sister CArlos, let me tell you about what I remember during rainy season in Luzon (you see, I'm from the south, in Davao City & we don't get the moonson seasons like Luzon does).
    Jan, Feb, Mar, & April is our best seasons, flowers galore, fruits abundant and heat overwhelming. We only have 2 seasons there, Wet & Dry season - May is the end of Dry season. typically, the rain dowpours 6-8 inches in June, July, August, must be ready with your rain boots. Sept, Oct, Nov starts the cool season - December being the most festive... but of course, what do I know? with the global warming and all, right now its anything goes when it comes to weather.. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it there, we all wish we could be there with you..Kidd :)

    ReplyDelete