We just returned from General Conference in Salt Lake. The church was gracious enough to send us tickets. We were seated in a section of other newly called Mission Presidents and had so much fun meeting many of them going to Poland, Chile, Tri-Cities Washington, Orlando, Mesa, Japan, etc. We soon found out that we share many of the same feelings of extreme excitement and trepidation! We couldn't help but feel their beautiful spirits and were humbled to think that we are numbered amongst them.
We also had the opportunity to meet Elder Edwards and his wife. He is the Area President for the Philippines. They live in Manila. They are wonderful and we can't wait to learn and serve with them.
The Conference talks were so powerful. So many focused on the role of parents in protecting their children from the evils of the world. As I think of all the missionaries we will serve with, I am grateful to wonderful parents who have prepared these sons and daughters to be worthy of the calling of missionaries. I also remember how tender my heart was to send my sons off to a foreign land. I want the mothers of our missionaries to know that I will vigilantly look after their sons and daughters. We have been looking at their photos and already feel so much love and respect for every one of them.
Sister Brenda Carlos
Hello Sister Carlos!
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that you left a comment on my son's mission blog. Elder Ward has been in the Philippines for about a month now and loving the experience. I was so excited to see that you have a blog and hope you don't mind if I follow it!! There are a few moms that I know of with blogs for their Cauayan missionaries - if you would like their addresses just let me know. You can contact me by email kward65@q.com.
Karen Ward
Elder Jason Ward's mom!
Hi Sister Carlos,
ReplyDeleteI too have a son in your mission, Elder Pincock, He has been in the Philippines for 6months and is serving in Mabini. He is having a wonderful experience! Pres. Villanueva has been preparing the missionaries to welcome and serve with the new president. He is excited to meet you both. He was wondering if Pres. Carlos speaks Tagalog? I am so happy that you are doing a blog. I don't have one for my son, but do post pictures on my facebook page. You can access them under my name Tana Smith Pincock. My email is tpincock@hotmail.com
Tana Pincock
Elder Jace Pincock's mom
Sandy, Ut
Prez Rudy & Sister Brenda;
ReplyDeleteWe really enjoyed our send off reunion in Vegas, I have invited everyone who attended the reunion to follow your blog, good way of keeping everyone posted with your mission activities.
People in Cauayan PI, is so lucky to have such great examples of the church to lead them in the path of the Gospel.
Prez Rudy has always been a true leader and serves his best, much love...
Victor 'Kidd' & Sandy deLeon
Canyon Springs Ward, Moreno Valley, CA