Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter at the Mission Home

I invited some of my favorite kids to come for an Easter Egg Hunt. The only problems was that my box filled with tons of plastic Easter eggs never arrived from the US. So we painted 175 eggs, purchased small spotted quail eggs and hard boiled them, bought 3 dozen salted eggs (they are colored a dark pink) and bought a ton of individually wrapped candy.

The little quail eggs are in the front, followed by the salted eggs and then the hard boiled eggs.


Sister Shaner, Gottfredson and Laker helped with all the preparations!

Sister Larsen helped with the cupcakes. We colored coconut to look like grass and topped them with a chocolate lady bug. (She was enroute to her new area and spent the afternoon helping me with all the baking I needed to do.)

On Saturday the senior sisters came and helped me hide the eggs and candy all over the grounds of the mission home and office. At 10 am the guests started arriving. I gave them each a coloraful bag that they got to decorate before the hunt. Once every one had arrived the hunt began. The little kids stayed on the grassy area and the big kids had to start at the opposite end of the yard and go back behind the office and home.



Both of President Carlos' counselors and their families came

Everyone decorated their loot bag

I think these girls had as much fun as the little guests


While we were waiting for all the guests to arrive we turned on the bubble bunny and the kids loved trying to catch the bubbles.




Let the Hunt Begin!! 







I laughed when I heard one of the moms squealing with delight when she spotted some eggs. Each child got a lot of eggs and candy.

Afterwards they were invited into the mission home for sweet treats and punch. I think everyone had a lot of fun--I know I did!

So many sweet friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment