Thursday, May 31, 2012

An Unlikely Visitor

We had an unexpected guest in the mission home. It was a small bird. I walked into the kitchen and saw it hanging next to our light switch. Then it dropped down onto the counter. I assumed that it was injured and couldn't fly and then is took flight. Of course, I screamed as I watched it circling over the dining room table. Finally it landed in one of my white William's Sonoma bowls. It stayed there for hours. I think it thought it my beautiful bowl was his new next. When Elder Jackson, our assistant, came to the mission office I asked for his help. He took my bowl outside and set it free!

 Nobody knew what kind of bird it was--but it was sure a cute little thing!
 Here he is hiding behind a tape dispenser.
We've had lots of wonderful visitors come to the mission home but this is the first one with feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment