Sister Russell and I were the invited guests to speak at the Cauayan District VT Conference. I almost cried when I walked in and saw all the ladies sitting there with crochet hooks busy with projects using recycled palenke bags. (At the Farmer's Markets everyone gives out these thin colored plastic bags to hold your fruit and veggies.) They come in all colors. Sister Russell figured out how to crochet with them and has been teaching women around the district how to make purses and hats. She had to have crochet hooks sent from home because she can't find the size they need here. She is truly the queen of recycling. Now some of these women are selling their goods. I'm dying to buy some of the purses. They are actually very beautiful and soft.
We had fun mingling with the ladies and hope they were able to feel a little inspired from our talks.
No comments:
Post a Comment