Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Working with our Sister Missionaries

One of my favorite things to do is to work with our sister missionaries. Sometimes I go observe their weekly planning meetings, other times I sit in on their companionship study or go out and teach with them. I am so very impressed with the amazing young ladies. We have over 30 serving here for 18 months. Out of the 30 only a half dozen are North Americans and the rest of filipinas from other areas of the Philippines. Like our young elders, these sister missionaries put their lives on hold for a year and half. They say goodbye to family, boyfriends and often to their schooling or careers. They approach this work very seriously. They are well organized and work very hard to share their knowledge of Jesus Christ and His gospel to those who are wanting to learn more.
Sister Tabudlong is in the middle or her 12 week New Missionary Training Program. Sister Baladjay is her great trainer. On this day I visited their training study session and was so impressed with how they were doing!
I am so impressed with our sister missionaries.

2 comments:

  1. Dear President and Sister Carlos,
    I served in the Philippines Ilagan/Cauayan mission from 2004-2006. My name was Sister Michelle Hodgson, now Michelle Laulu. While in the Philippines as a missionary, I always had to use a knife to open canned food because can-openers were never available. The Relief Society in our ward has put together a "Can-openers for Christmas" package that I will send out very soon. I just wanted to let you know it will be on it's way shortly.
    Thank you for keeping a blog so us RMs can keep up to date with the best mission!
    Sincerely,
    Michelle Laulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    What a thoughtful idea! We will share the gift with some of our sister missionaries. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete