Sister Breese and I were invited to speak at Alicia's annual VT Conference. For my friends and family who aren't members of the church, Visiting Teaching is a wonderful program for the women of our church. Each woman is assigned 2 visiting teachers who came into your home each month and share an uplifting message. They also are there to serve and help you depending on what your needs are at the time.
I was asked to talk about the hows and whys of VT and she was asked to focus on the blessings of VT. We had a lot of fun with these lovely ladies. At the end of my talk I talked about the lasting effects of good visiting teaching--and the end result is friendship. I have made many wonderful friends throughout my life because either they taught me or I taught them. So before we discussed what the lasting effects are I gave each woman a piece of gum and asked the they chew it up. After a couple of minutes I told them to stick out their tongue and show their number. It was paint gum which painted each of our tongues a different color depending on the kind of gum we chewed. They laughed alot and I think understood my point!
 |
| This was the group of ladies who came from Echague a town about 15 minutes from Alicia. |
 |
| Sister Breese with a few of the sisters from Angadanan where she and Elder Breese serve. |
 |
| We were the blue group! We all chewed blue gum. |
No comments:
Post a Comment