Thursday, May 19, 2011

Only in the Philippines...

President and I were driving home from visiting a ward last Sunday and he commented on all the homes that were started but left unfinished. There are hundreds of these in every direction. We wonder if the owners lost interest, ran out of money, moved away, passed away or what would make them lose their vision and cease the work.


Despite people's poverty you see a pride of ownership. This little community painted all the rocks bright colors and then lined the section of highway with them. They added little pots and plants along the way. I thought it was really charming.



 Even though I've been here almost a year I still can't believe how many people and objects they move in a trycie. This was taken on a very hot day and the trycie riders had out their umbrellas. To shield the inside of the trycie they had an umbrella held sideways!


No comments:

Post a Comment