The new year brought a number of district conferences. This is our time to meet with the members in a specific location. On Saturdays President Carlos trains the priesthood leaders and I generally train the auxiliary leaders. It calls for a very busy weekend, but we love these conferences. In some cases we work in tandem with an Area Seventy who has been asked to preside at the conference.
The Alicia District is really a strong district. I believe they will someday soon become a stake. For this conference I asked the Russells to come and help me with the training. They did an excellent job of training about working with our less active brothers and sisters.
I spoke about Reverence in our meetings and held a Q&A section on the New Handbook of Instructions, which came out last year but we have found that many of our members aren't familiar with it yet.
It's Elder Russell's turn to share some ideas with the sisters.
Sister Russell got them to think about a hypothetical family and how they would help in the rescue effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment