Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Problem that Turned into a BLESSING!!

I found some caramels from the US and thought I'd better keep them in the refrigerator. Well, guess what? When we went to eat a few of them we found they were super hard. I tried to bite into one and a big hunk of my bottom front tooth came off with the caramel. Thank goodness it was the bottom tooth and not the top--where everyone could easily see it. About a week later I was eating something and tasted something hard and metal. It was a chunk of filling. At the last Mission President's Seminar we had talked to a couple who had some dental problems and they went to Manila to have them fixed. So we contacted our friend Boycee in Manila (who oversees all missionary health problems) and he got us an appointment with a great dentist in Manila.
About the same time we were wishing we could attend our beloved former assistant, Melvin Rondilla and our most wonderful former sister missionary, Evelyn Valdoz' wedding. We were able to fly to Manila on Thursday, get our dental work done on Friday and attend the wedding on Saturday. (President had his teeth cleaned and checked.)

Dinner the night before the wedding. These two were super excited!

Elder Rondilla had asked President Villanueva and President Carlos to be their witnesses, he served under both Mission Presidents.

The Cauayan Mission Gang!

Elder Rondilla--Hurray for Temple Marriages!

They are a gorgeous couple! We wish them much happines.
The wedding was absolutely fantastic. We love and respect that young couple. They are destined for greatness. We also had the wonderful opportunity to see many of our former missionaries (16 in all).  Elder Paco, our first assistant, organized a luncheon after the wedding for all those missionaries in the area. Unfortunately some of our returned missionaries had to work and so we didn't get to see everyone. But it was a joyous reunions to get to see so many of them.

2 comments:

  1. Darn! A tooth problem. I was hoping you wouldn't have any problems for at least three years!
    Glad you got to go to the temple sealing. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I shouldn't have been biting into a hard caramel. How are you doing? Thanks for reading the blog! We sure miss everyone in Omaha!

    ReplyDelete